Week 14 Reflection I have two big takeaways from this course, which are really ideas I’ve had for some time that were reinforced by the activities and readings we’ve done: First, there is so much that goes into every lesson that teachers teach. We did the activity where we thought of all of the environmental factors that might go into what a child was thinking as a teacher was teaching, most of which are out of the teacher’s control. But many of those factors the teacher does think about, like the pacing of the lessons, making activities varied and interesting, setting the culture of the classroom, deciding what to focus on in the first place, deciding how to hold students accountable for what they are supposed to have learned. I appreciated the resources and ideas for varying lessons and writing meaningful goals and objectives. There are so many decisions that teachers have to make, which, of course, having taught in high schools for over a decade, I already knew. But ...
Comments
Post a Comment